1 - Locate mounting location
The mounting location should be an area or part that:
- Has the greatest amount of movement
- Cannot be directly seen by members
- Is not encapsulated in metal
- It won't be knocked off by cleaners or members
- Is out of direct contact with sweat and spray
On equipment such as treadmills, rowers, spin bikes, etc., locate an area on the equipment that has the most movement. This area is generally the point furthest away from the base of the equipment such as the console.
- Rower - Install on the metal rail under the seat. Secure with a tie wrap.
- Elliptical - Install on the flat surface under the foot pedal.
- Treadmill - Install on the console.
- DO NOT install directly on the deck of the treadmill.
On Selectorized and Plate-Loaded equipment, the best area is generally on the surface that pivots or swings. Otherwise, the button can be installed on the weight stack or weight stack pulley.
NOTE: When installing on a weight stack, ensure that the optional weight additions do not affect the Button.
2 - Ensure that the mounting area is clean.
Ensure that the mounting area is free of dust and other debris.
IF INSTALLING ON A WEIGHT STACK ensure that the location has been thoroughly wiped clean using cleaner. Some weight stacks have a coating that causes the adhesive to fail which causes the Button to fall off.
3 - Mount the Button
Mount the Button wrap to the mounting location.
It is recommended to mount all Buttons first before registering them through the Install App. This will give the adhesive time to set up.
4 - Register the equipment
Using the Installation App, register the facility and add all units. See Hardware Registration for full instructions.
5 - Activate and verify the Buttons
- Once everything has been registered, remove the mounted Button from the button wrap
- Remove the battery hatch
- Remove the plastic battery divider from underneath the battery
- Replace the battery and close the battery lid. (The button should be beeping about once a second)
- Place the Button back into the button wrap and ensure that it is properly seated
- Verify the Button using the Install App. See Verifying a Button
6 - Secure the Button
It is HIGHLY recommended to secure the Button to the equipment using a tie wrap/cable tie.